Are you tired of paying extra fees for a cloud platform that is down all the time? If yes, then it is time to upgrade to the absolute best cloud platform in the market.
According to Statista, AWS generated 21 billion dollars in revenue last year. Usesignhouse states that 85% of Fortune 500 companies use Azure. Whereas, Enyft wrote that nearly 2 million companies use GCP.
Nearly 61% of the whole world uses only these three platforms for their businesses.
But which one is better for your business?
In this blog, we will compare AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP to help you decide which cloud platform is the best for your business needs. We will also talk about the AWS Azure GCP service comparison. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of cloud computing!
1. Amazon AWS
AWS stands for Amazon Web Services, which is a cloud computing platform offered by Amazon. It provides a broad range of services, including computing, storage, databases, analytics, machine learning, and more, to help individuals and organizations build and run their applications and services in the cloud.
Some of the notable clients of AWS include Netflix, Airbnb, Unilever, BMW, and the CIA. These companies have chosen AWS for its reliability, scalability, and flexibility, enabling them to meet their business needs while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
2. Microsoft Azure
Azure is a cloud computing platform developed by Microsoft that provides a wide range of services for building, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers. It offers a variety of services, including computing, storage, networking, databases, analytics, artificial intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) services.
Azure is used in some essential industries, including healthcare, finance, and retail. Some of the notable companies that use Azure include BMW, Coca-Cola, and GE Healthcare.
3. Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a suite of cloud computing services offered by Google. It provides a wide range of services, such as computing, storage, networking, machine learning, and data analytics, among others, to help individuals and businesses manage their operations more efficiently and securely.
GCP has a diverse range of customers that span different industries, including healthcare, finance, media, retail, and more. Some of its notable customers are Spotify, Target, PayPal, HSBC, Ubisoft, and 20th Century Fox.
Amazon AWS, Azure & Google Cloud Market Share
The following table shows the AWS vs Azure vs GCP market share:
|Cloud Computing Platform||Market Share|
|Google Cloud Platform||10%|
How To Choose A Cloud Service Provider
Choosing a cloud service provider between AWS vs Azure vs GCP can be a daunting task, as there are many factors to consider. Following are some essential things you have to look at before selecting the best cloud service for your business:
Regions and Availability
|Cloud Service Provider||Availability Zones/Regions||Network Edge Locations|
|AWS||66 (12 upcoming)||N/A|
|Google Cloud Platform||20 (3 upcoming)||173 (available in over 200 countries)|
When it comes to choosing a cloud service provider, it’s important to consider the specific needs of your organization. AWS, Azure, and GCP all offer a range of specialized cloud solutions, including Government Cloud for government organizations.
Additionally, both AWS and Azure have data centers located in China, making them ideal for businesses operating in that market. One key differentiator between the providers is their geographic coverage. Azure has the broadest coverage, with data centers located in more regions than AWS or GCP.
Accelerate Your Enterprise’s Growth with Our Cloud Services
With our cloud services, you can optimize your IT infrastructure, reduce downtime, and focus on your core business.
Comparison of AWS, Azure and GCP
The following table talks about AWS vs Azure vs Google cloud services comparison:
1. Compute Services
|Virtual Machines||Amazon EC2||Azure Virtual Machines||Compute Engine|
|Serverless Computing||AWS Lambda||Azure Functions||Cloud Functions|
|Container Services||Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS||Azure Kubernetes Service||Kubernetes Engine|
2. Database & Storage Services
|Relational Databases||Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora||Azure SQL Database||Cloud SQL|
|NoSQL Databases||Amazon DynamoDB||Azure Cosmos DB||Cloud Bigtable|
|Object Storage||Amazon S3||Azure Blob Storage||Cloud Storage|
|Virtual Private Cloud||Amazon VPC||Azure Virtual Network||Virtual Private Cloud|
|Content Delivery Network||Amazon CloudFront||Azure Content Delivery Network||Cloud CDN|
|Load Balancing||Elastic Load Balancing||Azure Load Balancer||Load Balancing|
4. Specialized Services
|Machine Learning||Amazon SageMaker||Azure Machine Learning||AI Platform|
|Internet of Things||AWS IoT||Azure IoT Hub||Cloud IoT Core|
|Blockchain||Amazon Managed Blockchain||Azure Blockchain Service||Blockchain|
|Media Services||Amazon Elastic Transcoder||Azure Media Services||Media Solutions|
AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud: Key Cloud Tools
AWS vs Google Cloud vs Microsoft Azure are three of the largest cloud providers, and they offer a wide range of cloud tools and services to their users. Following are some key cloud tools offered by each provider:
Amazon has 250+ tools, each with its signature feature. Following are some of the most used Amazon tools:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) – allows users to launch and manage virtual servers
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) – provides highly scalable object storage for any type of data
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) – offers a fully managed relational database service
- AWS Lambda – a serverless compute service that allows users to run code without provisioning or managing servers
- Amazon CloudFront – a content delivery network that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally.
Azure is also a platform that provides many features via its hybrid and cloud tools:
- Azure Virtual Machines – provides users with virtual machines for Windows and Linux
- Azure Storage – offers scalable and secure storage options for data, files, and backups
- Azure SQL Database – mySQL database service which lets you operate various tech stacks
- Azure CDN – a content delivery network that delivers high-bandwidth content to customers worldwide.
3. Google Cloud
GCP focuses heavily on providing tools related to cloud storage and computing only:
- Kubernetes Engine – a managed service that enables you to deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications on Kubernetes clusters.
- Cloud Pub/Sub – a messaging service that enables you to send and receive messages between independent applications.
- Cloud Bigtable – a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides low-latency access to large amounts of structured and semi-structured data.
- Cloud Spanner – a globally distributed relational database service that provides strong consistency and horizontal scalability.
- Cloud Vision API – a machine learning service that allows you to analyze images and videos to extract information.
- Cloud Natural Language API – a machine learning service that allows you to analyze text for sentiment, entities, and syntax.
AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud: Pricing
The table below shows a comparison of the smallest and largest instances available on three major cloud computing platforms: AWS vs Azure vs GCP pricing.
|Machine Type||Amazon AWS||Azure||GCP|
|Smallest Instance||For a basic instance with 2 vCPUs and 8 GB of RAM, the cost is approximately $69 per month.||For the same instance type, the cost is approximately $70 per month.||The most basic instance with 2 vCPUs and 8 GB of RAM is 25% cheaper than AWS and costs approximately $52 per month.|
|Largest Instance||The largest instance includes 3.84 TB of RAM and 128 vCPUs and costs approximately $3.97 per hour.||The largest instance includes 3.89 TB of RAM and 128 vCPUs and costs approximately $6.79 per hour.||The largest instance includes 3.75 TB of RAM and 160 vCPUs and costs approximately $5.32 per hour.|
The table shows that GCP offers the most cost-effective option for the smallest instance, while AWS and Azure offer similar pricing. However, for the largest instance, GCP is the most affordable option, followed by AWS and then Azure.
AWS vs Azure vs GCP: Pros & Cons
Follow are the cons and benefits of AWS, Azure, and GCP
|AWS||Largest market share and most mature cloud platform. Wide range of services and features, including advanced machine learning capabilities. Strong AWS cloud security and compliance measures. High scalability and reliability.||Can be complex and difficult to navigate for beginners.Can be expensive for certain services and workloads.Limited support for hybrid cloud environments.|
|Azure||Integration with Microsoft’s other products, such as Office 365 and Windows Server.Strong support for hybrid cloud environments.Good support for open-source technologies Strong security and compliance measures.||Limited machine learning capabilities compared to AWS and GCP.Some services and features are less mature than those offered by AWS and GCP.|
|GCP||Strong machine learning capabilities, including advanced AI and analytics tools.Good support for open-source technologies.High scalability and reliability.Competitive pricing for certain services and workloads.||Smaller market share and less mature cloud platform compared to AWS and Azure|
Overall, the choice of which cloud computing platform to use depends on the specific needs and requirements of the business or individual. It’s important to carefully evaluate each platform and its features, pricing, and support to determine which one is the best fit for the business or individual’s needs.
How Can Folio3 Cloud Services Help Your Business
Folio3 is a cloud services provider that offers a range of solutions to help businesses of all sizes to streamline their operations, increase efficiency, and reduce costs with the help of cloud cost management.
Folio3’s cloud application development services can help businesses to develop custom software applications that are tailored to their specific needs. This can be especially useful for businesses that have unique requirements that off-the-shelf software cannot meet. We also provide cloud consulting so that businesses are guided throughout the whole development process. We have a vast network of AWS consulting partners that can easily guide and manage your projects.
Moreover, Folio3’s cloud data analytics services provide businesses with real-time insights into their data. By gathering, processing, and analyzing data in the cloud, businesses can make informed decisions that improve their operational efficiency. This can lead to cost savings, improved customer service, and increased revenue.
Finally, Folio3’s cloud security services protect businesses against cyber threats. With network security, data encryption, and access control all provided on the cloud, businesses can ensure that their data is secure and confidential. This is especially important for businesses that deal with sensitive customer data or financial information.
Navigating the vast landscape of cloud platforms can be overwhelming, and choosing the right partner for your cloud services is as crucial as selecting the platform itself. Enter Folio3—the catalyst for your seamless journey into the cloud.
Here’s why choosing Folio3 sets you on the path to unparalleled success:
- Comprehensive Cloud Expertise: At Folio3, we don’t just understand the cloud; we master the intricacies of AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP. Our expertise extends beyond the platforms, encompassing a comprehensive understanding of the entire cloud ecosystem. We ensure that your transition to the cloud is not just smooth but strategically aligned with your business goals.
- Tailored Cloud Solutions: One size doesn’t fit all, especially in the AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP cloud debate. Folio3 doesn’t offer generic solutions; we craft bespoke cloud solutions tailored to your specific business needs. Whether it’s regions and availability, specialized services, or pricing considerations, we customize our offerings to elevate your cloud experience.
- Proven Track Record: Our success stories speak volumes. Numerous businesses, from startups to enterprises, have entrusted Folio3 with their AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP cloud transformation journey. Our track record is a testament to our commitment to delivering tangible results, optimizing IT infrastructure, reducing downtime, and accelerating business growth.
- Cost-Effective Innovation: Innovation doesn’t have to break the bank, especially in the AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP cloud comparison. Folio3 brings you cost-effective solutions that ensure you get the maximum value from your cloud investments. Our approach combines innovation with affordability, providing you with a competitive edge in the dynamic cloud landscape.
- Strategic Cloud Consultation: Beyond implementation, Folio3 serves as your strategic AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP cloud partner. From initial assessments to ongoing support, we guide you through the entire cloud development process. Our cloud consulting services ensure that your AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP cloud journey aligns with your long-term business objectives.
- Cloud Security Assurance: In the realm of cloud security, Folio3 stands as a fortress against cyber threats. Our cloud security services offer robust network security, data encryption, and access control. With us, you can rest assured that your data is secure and confidential, protecting sensitive customer information and financial data.
Transform your business with Folio3’s expert AWS Vs Azure Vs GCP cloud services. Schedule a detailed consultation today and experience the power of a tailored, innovative, and strategic approach to cloud computing.
Streamline Your Business Operations with Our Cloud Services
Our cloud services are designed to improve your business agility, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
Conclusion – AWS vs Azure vs GCP – Which is better?
In conclusion, we can say that all three of them are quite impressive and affordable. However, if we have to choose one, then we will either go with AWS or Azure due to their hybrid solution capabilities. Azure is the ideal server to go for if you are hosting Windows apps or using .Net for your development or want to connect other solutions with your Windows app.
While AWS is the best solution for NodeJS, Python, and all the famous languages. It supports every single programming language and can provide the optimal environment for your business. AWS migration is also the easiest of the three to automate and develop. GCP is also a good option, but we are not suggesting it due to the limitation of options Google provides.
If you like this article about AWS vs Azure vs GCP, then do let us know in the comments, and also suggest us some ideas to help you enhance your business in the best way possible!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How Do AWS, Azure, And GCP Compare In Terms Of Pricing For Their Services?
The pricing for each service may vary depending on the region, instance type, and other factors. In general, out of AWS vs GCP vs Azure, GCP is cheaper for certain services and workloads.
Q2. Which Cloud Provider Offers The Best Security Features – AWS, Azure, or GCP?
AWS provides the best security features due to its huge list of features and encryption methods. There are also many AWS consulting partners available on the market, including Folio3.
Q3. How do AWS, Azure, and GCP compare in terms of availability and uptime for their services?
AWS and Azure have been around longer and have a mature infrastructure, which allows them to offer higher availability and uptime, while GCP sometimes struggles.
Q4. Which Cloud Provider Offers The Best Support And Customer Service – AWS, Azure, or GCP?
AWS provides the best support and customer service as they have huge support teams always available on time due to their vast network across the globe. Amazon even provides support in your local language as well.
Q4. Which Cloud Provider Offers The Best Hybrid Cloud Solutions – AWS, Azure, or GCP?
Out of AWS vs Azure vs GCP, Azure provides the best hybrid cloud solutions due to its ability to host .Net software reliably on the network and enable API connection for other technologies and software as well.